Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Introduction

Hello out there to anyone who is reading this blog, and thank you. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to learn more about me. I am currently 22 years old, in a couple weeks I will be 23. I recently graduated from a local college with a degree in Criminal Justice and Corrections. I have always been interested in law enforcement and investigations work. It was not until recently I realized that my health may hold me back from prospective career opportunities. It is not easy being a female in the law enforcement field. Often you are not taken seriously, and are seen as an easy target. I did not want to get a job simply because I was a female and they needed to fill the position in order to not discriminate. I wanted to stand out. I wanted to be fit. Along with that, I just honestly was so tired of being depressed about my body. I have always struggled with weight and self-esteem issues. I have an anxiety disorder that really controlled me and I was always on edge and having freak outs about my appearance and not feeling like I was good enough. At the end of 2011, I was about 170 pounds.
Today, I weigh at about 123-125. I am a bit taller than 5'8". I did all of this through healthy diet and exercise. In high school, I was a cheerleader. However, I did not really like to do strenuous exercise. For a period of time in early high school, I suffered from anorexia due to a destructive relationship with a guy who constantly told me I was fat and not living up to his expectations of a perfect girl. However, that is not the way people should lose weight. It is not long-lasting and it sure does not help self-esteem or health. I love cooking and finding new healthy alternatives to my favorite foods. If I can do this, I know you can. With effort, dedication, and support, you can get there. I hope that anyone who strives for/lives a healthy life will be able to reach out to me. I know how difficult it can be sometimes to not have support of those around you or feel like you can't make it, but you can. I want to inspire you, and I want you to inspire me.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I'm constantly looking at all the meals and workouts you post on Instagram and try to recreate them for myself! I can relate to your story and am currently trying to lose about 40lbs... Thanks for all your awesome posts :)

    ReplyDelete