Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!


Happy Labor Day my fellow working people! I unfortunately did have to work today, but I am getting paid time and a half for it and I don’t think most people would have a problem getting paid extra for working their normal shift! No one is in the office so it is a really easy day. For breakfast this morning I had two slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread made with egg whites, ground cinnamon, raw stevia, a small banana cut up on top and drizzled with Walden Farms calorie-free pancake syrup. 
 
I am sorry for the lack of recipes and updates. The last few days have been very hectic. I barely had any time to relax all weekend due to moving. I barely ate as well, which I really didn’t like. I lost what I had gained, taking me back down to 120. Gaining lean muscle weight in a healthy way is so hard! But, Overall it went really well and the boy and I’s part of the house we are renting is almost done being set up. I despise moving, but I really enjoy decorating new rooms and making it your own.  I will be so relieved when it is all said and done with. I did not miss one workout due to moving, though! I am super proud of that. No excuses, guys! 

Now that working out daily is a part of my routine, I do not like rest days. I feel like they throw me off my game. I am more of a fan of active rest days where I at least do some light cardio. I always feel great when I work out, so if I miss a day I get the sense that something is missing in my day. I love the high after a workout and feeling accomplished. Tomorrow I am being basically forced to take a rest day because I have to work a 12 hour shift: 0730-1930. I won’t have time to go work out and also get all the things I will need to have done for work on Wednesday. I plan on doing some squats, push-ups, and stair runs at the office once all of the employees are off the property if I am able. That way I won’t feel completely lazy! 

Today at the gym I am going to do a chest and bicep workout with 10 minutes of HIIT (30 sec 3.8, 30 sec 7.8). Here is the routine in case you were interested:

Something I have been mulling over a lot lately is the idea of negativity and how it affects your mind and body. I have adapted the saying “negativity is a sickness”. I really do feel that having a negative outlook on life brings you down. Now, that definitely does not mean I am little miss sunshine 24/7 because that is completely impossible. I actually have been known to have quite a temper (hello, red hair, Irish? :D ). I also have an anxiety and panic disorder, so being calm and rational is not always easy for me. But, I have been really trying to learn to take a step back and evaluate things before I allow myself to fly off the handle or let something (or someone) ruin my day. Being more positive has improved my relationship, my thought process, and my health. Try to wake up in the morning and before you do anything else, even get out of bed, try to make your first thought: I am going to have a good day today. I do this every morning. Think about it: if you woke up and immediately thought to yourself, this day is going to suck so hard I hate life and everything in it; do you think you are going to be in a good mood? Even if I stub my toe or drop a bunch of things and am feeling really off, I keep reiterating to myself: you’re going to be fine; nothing this small and trivial should ruin my day. It works, I promise. At first it may not seem like it does, but I truly believe it does. Other people will catch your positive vibes as well. Lately a lot of people come up to me at work and tell me how nice it is to see me always smiling and in a good mood. Just try it! Positive vibes to you all

Wow this entry is getting really long, but I want to try to make a point of writing more so that you guys get to know me better. As you may or may not know, I am very active on Instagram. The IG fitness and health community is fantastic. If it wasn’t for all the support I get on there, I really am not sure that I would be where I am now. I especially wanted to thank everyone who follows me and talks to me. You are all lovely. Some of the people you should follow and look out for are: @beenid, @powerrprincess, @vmfitness, @livefiteatclean, @meghanbarber, @jillhanner, @niesy, @dedicationkristine, @leanandfit, @letsclarafye, @fit4aprincess, @powercakes, @kmaecags, @spoonfuloffit, @getfit_feelsexy, @sprint2thetable, and @kissmybroccoli. All of those people I listed have been a huge part of my journey and I hope they continue to be. They have inspired me though comments, recipes, and photos. I love them all and I am sure you will too.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Thanks for the love Gorgeous!! I love stopping by to read your blog! And follow you on IG too of course! Duh. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete