Hey guys! I just sat down from finishing dinner. I had been wanting to try to make a cauliflower crust pizza but just hadn't gotten around to it. I had plenty of time so I gave it a go! I had about 2/3 of a cauliflower head. Here is the recipe for the crust of the pizza:
Oven preheated to 400 degrees
- 3 cups of washed cauliflower, riced*
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- dash of salt
- sprinkle of black pepper and oregano
Remove the "crust" and the top layer of parchment paper. Take this time to put on your lovely ingredients! This is how I made mine and it was like heaven:
- Baked chicken breast (already prepped)
- 1 clove garlic chopped up into larger pieces
- 2% mozzarella cheese (about 2 tablespoons, very light)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Organic traditional tomato sauce (1/2 cup)
After you top the pizza with your ingredients, put it back in the oven for another 15-20. The crust will not be crisp, at least mine wasn't. However, that did not stop it from being absolutely lovely. I am going to try some other things eventually to try and crisp it up, but for now this is a great low-carb day meal!
* Put cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower reaches an almost "rice" looking texture.