Saturday, August 18, 2012

Positivity and Pancakes

Good morning darlings! It is my day off from work today and tomorrow so I am going to attempt to get some things done. I had a pretty amazing day yesterday. I always try to wake up and first thing and tell myself in my head, "You are going to have a good day and work is going to go fast!" I am not kidding, I try to do that every time I open my eyes from sleeping, and you know what? I really feel that it works! Waking up with a positive attitude and a clean slate for your day is one of the best things you can do. Work flew by yesterday because of it and I really think the other employees were feeling my positive vibes because I got several compliments yesterday! Stay positive, ladies and gents!

I was able to make it out to the Natural Foods store in my area yesterday after I went to the gym and did a killer biceps and back workout. Dylan went along with me. I have really seen progress in his body too! He weighed himself last night and was around 150. I can see definition in his arms and stomach. It's pretty awesome. He isn't eating clean or anything like me, but it is so nice to have someone to go to the gym to sometimes. After the gym, we went and picked up some new things: Xanthan Gum, Garden of Life's Raw Protein is vanilla flavor, 2 organic zucchinis, and a couple of goodies for a care package my love Enid (Instagram is @beenid) and I are exchanging so I can't say ;)!

I am really excited to try this new protein. It is vegan, organic, gluten free, and dairy free, lower carbs and calories than the kind I have now. Plus, I got this adorable shaker! I didn't have a shaker of my own, so I was stoked to get a freebie. They were selling this for $26, so I didn't think it was a bad deal at all! I have to finish up my other vanilla first, but I seriously can not wait to try this protein powder.

I also tried zucchini for the first time last night! Enid and myself were talking about them and I had been looking for one at the store, so I ended up buying two organic ones from the natural foods store.
I wanted to make some for dinner. I know, I am crazy that I have never really had, or been aware that I have ever had, zucchini. Anyway, it was lovely. I cooked them on a pan with Mrs. Dash (original flavor) and that was it (other than non-stick spray). They are a nice flavor boat, very mild. I am planning on trying some zucchini noodles with the other one. For dinner I also made some lean turkey patties. I bought a package of ground turkey from the store and threw together these nice little Turkey Pepper Patties!

  • Lean/extra-lean ground turkey
  • 1/3 of a red and green bell pepper chopped up into small pieces
  • 1 tablespoon on crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (plus more after they were done to spray on)
  • 1 teaspoon cumin 
  • 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
Mix the meat, pepper, and spice mixture with your nice and shiny clean hands until well mixed. I cooked mine on a stove-top. With one package of turkey, it made at least 12. Depending on the size of the patty the amount will vary. They were really tasty! Very easy. I also made a side of steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Finally, a little dash of 1/4 a cup of brown rice with more liquid aminos. Fabulousssss especially with some Sriracha on top!

For my clean amazing dessert I made:
 
Cocoa Coconut Protein Crumble


 It was freaking amazing, guys. Super filling and delicious.
  • 3/4 cup plain non-fat Chobani mixed with a couple drops of SweetLeaf vanilla creme liquid stevia
For the crumble:
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1/3 scoop chocolate whey protein
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate PB 2
  • 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
Mix the crumble ingredients together, dry first, then add the almond milk afterwords. You can use any kind of milk or milk substitute, I roll with Unsweetened Almond Milk.

Topped off the crumble with the fluffy tasty yogurt, 1 tablespoon Dark Chocolate Dream Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter, then a sprinkle of hazelnuts. Yum yum yummmmm! So delicious and guilt-free.

  Today for breakfast was Vanilla Blueberry Protein Pancakes!
  • 1/2 a ripe small banana
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 3 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
  • 3 large egg whites
I topped them with Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup and some fresh blueberries. This recipe came out to be about 411 calories, 8 grams of fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 68 miligrams of cholesterol, 44 grams of carbs, 12 grams dietary fiber, 15 grams of sugar, and 52 grams of protein.
 These were so fluffy and delicious. I loved them! I hope you do too. Have an amazing Saturday and if you are working out (you should be!) kick butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment