Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cheat Day and Recovery with Sweet Corn Salsa

Hey guys! I hope where ever you are and what time it is that you are having a great day! Yesterday was a blast. I allowed myself to cheat because honestly, I wanted to. I have been working hard and had a killer workout yesterday morning. I worked on glutes, abs, and did 10 minutes of HIIT cardio. I burned a little over 550 calories. I went a bit overboard at the reception, but now as of today, I am joining in on Josie on Instagram's challenge of no cheats for 2 weeks! I think after how awesome yesterday was and how horrible my stomach felt this morning, this challenge shouldn't be an issue! I really have not had an appetite for most of the day. I think my body is trying to cleanse itself or something. Anyway, some of the cheats I had yesterday were: BBQ pulled pork sandwich on white roll, fish and pork taco, some alcoholic drinks, grilled cheese and tomato soup appetizers, mac and cheese, cupcakes, cookies, a couple other treats. My body was not happy by the end of the night and this morning. I felt a bit guilty about it, and my body felt bloated, but I felt like I deserved it. Now, no cheats for the next 2 weeks!

This morning, I was not hungry when I first woke up but I knew I needed to eat especially if I was going to move some boxes and hit the gym for biceps. I made some vanilla banana coconut flour protein pancakes with some peanut flour sauce, topped with mashed banana, and some slices of while banana. It definitely hit the spot and felt good to put some real nutrition in my body.


I moved a few of my things into our new place, which we can't really move anything large for another week which really sucks. Next weekend is going to be hectic for me. I will have to get everything moved in within a day because I picked up some overtime on Sunday. Oh well. I'll make it work. The good thing is that moving is a good workout!

Once I was done at the gym I went to the grocery store because I needed to do food prep for the week. I made baked chicken breast, spiced apple chicken sausage, sweet corn was on sale so I got 4 ears, and I got things to make sweet corn salsa!


 What I used:
  • 1/2 a red onion, chopped fine in a food processor
  • corn from 2 ears of sweet corn
  • 1 chopped jalapeno
  • 2 diced vine tomatoes
  • dash of sea salt
  • basil
  • garlic powder
Mix the above ingredients well. But, the lovely thing about salsa is that you can be so creative with it! Throw in some fruit, some other veggies, play around! It's rather inexpensive depending on your choice of ingredients. I hope you guys play around with some salsa and make your own recipes!

What is your favorite salsa combination?

xo Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment