Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Saturday and Strawberry Banana Muffins

Good day you lovely lovely people. It is currently 8:05 and I am sitting and eating my breakfast. Today is an exciting day as two of Dylan and I's good friends are getting married. It's very exciting. I am not going to have any cakes or desserts, but I am going to allow myself to drink a bit because I haven't in a longgg time. Probably since my birthday in July. Everything is ok in moderation. The good thing is I won't have to drink much to feel it! I am a light weight :)

Anyway, the other day I was experimenting and created a delicious recipe, although already done before by many others, it's exciting and new to me.

Strawberry Banana Muffins
Dry:
  • 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
  • 3 packets of raw stevia
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla whey protien
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Wet:
  •  1 ripe mashed banana
  • 3 egg whites
  •  ALSO 1/4 cup chopped strawberries and 1/2 a strawberry on to top for garnish

You can also add more stevia/natural sweetened and/or some vanilla extract to these muffins to make them a bit sweeter. Mix the dry ingredients well, then the wet. Combine them and mix very well. Then, fold in gently the 1/4 cup chopped strawberries. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes. They will be done when you can pull out a toothpick and it will be dry. I sprinkled a little organic brown sugar on top of my muffins to give it a little crunchy sweetness.

My batch made 5 because 2 of them ended up being larger than the others, so evenly dispersed this batter should make 6 muffins!

My version for one was about 100 calories with 4 grams of fat, 0 saturated fat, 198 grams of sodium, 179 g potassium, 10 g carbs, 4 g dietary fiber, 6g sugar, and 7 g of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment