Monday, August 20, 2012

Low-Carb Zucchini Fritters

Low-Carb Zucchini Fritters

I bought a bunch of zuchinnis at the farmer's market this past Sunday, and my friend Enid and I had been talking about zucchini fritters. She really made me want to try them so I made an altered version of a recipe I found on The Gracious Pantry.



What you'll need: 1 small to medium zucchini, 4 tablespoons milled flax seed, 4 tablespoons coconut flour, 6 egg whites, any spices you would like to add (I didn't use any, I topped mine with garlic lovers hummus and a bit of black pepper).

Wash the zucchini and trim the ends off. Grate it like the photo above. Add 6 egg whites to the bowl with the grated zucchini

 Mix the coconut flour and milled flax seed in a separate bowl, then combine them. Mix them well.

Heat up a pan and use non-stick spray or coconut oil to cook the fritters in. I cooked mine on medium (3-4 setting). Flip them and they will be kind-of like a pancake. They are awesome, rather mild and a great boat for flavor. They are low carb, too due to the flax and coconut flour. High in protein due to the egg whites. Very healthy and simple recipe that works as a main course or a side! Nutritional information will vary with the size of your cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment