Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Moring PB&J and Coffee

Good morning, darlings! I hope you had a wonderful day/evening/morning. I just got up and and contemplating what to eat for breakfast. This is a sort of live-blogging experience. Although, after I post it, it won't be live anymore, but I digress. I have a pot of vanilla creme coffee cooling now so that I can start off my day with a lovely chocolate vanilla iced coffee. I am pretty addicted to caffeine, although I am busting my butt to learn to not be dependent on it, mostly during the week.

Chocolate Vanilla Iced Coffee

-vanilla creme coffee, brewed and cooled off
- mug full of ice
- 1/4 a cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup, just drizzled over the ice (about 2 tbsp)
- sweetener of your choice

Put all together and enjoy. 

It's Sunday! My boy and I are going to go to the mall in the town over so I can look for a dress. Our friend's wedding is coming up in a couple weeks and I wanted to check out H&M because their clothes are so cute! However, all of this after a workout at the gym of course. I never thought I would look forward to going to the gym. Now, my life just seems incomplete without it. I dread my rest day (I take one full rest day a week). I dread rest because that day I try to eat extra low carb, which means pretty much all of my favorite things get taken from my meal option equation. I have been doing pretty well carb cycling, of course I need to improve much more. Always strive to be better. Set goals, ladies and gents!

Vanilla Protein Flax Pancakes (Low-Carb)
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
2 scoops ground/milled flax seed
2 tablespoons of low fat small curd cottage cheese
3 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 
Few drops Vanilla Creme liquid Stevia

Mix all dry ingredients and wet ingredients together separately. Mix the cottage cheese and egg well, I like the cottage cheese because it adds moisture and texture to the pancake (can't forget protein!). Once mixed into a batter I added a couple drops of my Vanilla Cremem Liquid Stevia from my past post just to add some more vanilla flavor to the party. Cook on low-medium heat, my burner was set between 2 and 3. As always with protein pancakes, resist the urge to flip them too early :)

For the pancakes, they contain 7 grams of fat, 2 g saturated fat, 68 g cholesterol, 665 g of sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, and 48 g protein. 

And I dressed them up as PBJ Protein Flax Pancakes
2 tablespoons of Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
1/4 cup blackberries made into a jam by microwaving for 30-40 seconds and mashing with sweetener

I just had a bite and OH my GOSH. These are so good. I am definitely making this again. The whole stack is mine, and for only about 350 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment