Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hey guys! Second time posting today. I just wanted to get down my lovely egg white muffins I prepped yesterday and saved for later. I ate three today, my batch made 6:
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 a large white onion
- 1/4 cup broccoli tops cut up small
- 1/4 cup kale
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 medium jalepeno 
- 1/2 tsp baking powder

You can make so many variations of this recipe! Add some lean meat, salsa, tomato, beans, ect! They store nicely and can be ate as a quick snack or meal. 

I cut up a bunch of veggies. took the white onion, chopped it up finely and cooked that off in a skillet, I added kale and spinach right to the egg whites, I threw in some peppers and broccoli in with the white onion to soften. Once cooked and cooled a few minutes add the veggies to your egg and mix it up. Then spray a muffin tin with non-stick and distribute the egg mixture evenly. Preheat oven to 375 and cook for 15-25 minutes. Until eggs are cooked. I topped mine with some all natural black bean dip and sriracha. Mmm. Filling, high protein and low carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment