Monday, August 13, 2012

New Dress and Homemade Sushi!

 

 Hey guys! Hope you've had a great Monday. Yesterday I did end up going to the mall and picking up a really lovely dress for a friend's wedding at the end of the month. It's from Forever 21. I got it for about $18.00. I love that it's simple, yet really chic. 





I had been prepping a lot of brown rice to use for meals and noticed how sticky it was after it was done. Tangent: brown rice, real brown rice not instant, takes so long to cook! But, it was so worth it. I like prepping food and having easy access to meals. Anyway! I had bought a package of Nori (Seaweed/Sushi Paper) a while ago hoping for the chance to be able to learn to make sushi. I was feeling experimental and ended up making really lovely Clean Tuna Sushi!


Ingredients:
  • Nori
  • Tuna (water packed, low sodium if possible)
  • Celery, Cucumber, Carrot sliced very thin and long (can use other add-ins! Avocado, sweet potato, shrimp, chicken, ect!)
  • Low Sodium Soy Sauce (optional)
  • Brown Rice (already prepped)

Spread the rice out on the nori. I used rice sparingly because I like to watch my carbs, but 1/4-1/3 of a cup should do. It is easier to spread if your hands are a little wet. Lay out the veggies and tuna about 1/3 of the way in to the nori paper. Roll it up! I trimmed the ends and then cut them into 3-4. How I have mine made, one roll is about 115 calories and clean! Wonderful alternative to going to and buying sushi and it's cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment